Saturday, October 15, 2011

Packing for China


I will be living in China for a year while working as an actor in a musical.
What does someone bring with them for a full year in China?
Converters- power adapters.
and an entire years worth of clothing that will need to be rotated based on the climate of each city?
This trip would be impossible with a luggage limit of 1 suitcase. So I have managed with some 'Space-Saver' bags to fit everything I will actually need into two suitcases and one carry on.
The funny thing is- you really don't ever wear everything you bring. Sure sometimes you will want to lounge around in that big sweater you thought you had to have. But you didn't really need it.
But with traveling to China I have been told that there is a necessary set of hygienic products that you must travel with. Namely; Deodorant.
My friend who traveled to China with The Sound Of Music tour a few years back, said deodorant is in short supply- and if you have a brand you like a lot-- then you better bring enough with you to last.
I have also brought an ample supply of Pepto-bismol, anti-diarrheal medication, and anti-inflamatory pills. Along with some serious Voltaren Gel ( Thanks Billy Elliot! ).
I also have my own set of physical therapy devices since we do not have a personal PT on this tour. These items include; Knee braces, ankle braces, wrist braces, shoe inserts, tiger balm, tennis balls, and my very own lovely thera-band.

The last day of rehearsal was on tuesday of this week. We had a run through- and we also recorded the final voice overs that will be used in the show. I play Young Ramon and I am in the ensemble. So you will get to hear such chart topping tracks as "You're not doing it properly/There are rules", "Angus Dei" and many other hits from the last couple of decades.

We had a great sitz probe ( a run through where we stand and sing through the show with a full orchestra) and I am ready to get this show on it's feet.

It will be an interesting journey- but for right now, I am just focused on packing!

We will fly Korean Air into Seoul, South Korea--- and from there CHINA AWAITS! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment